Assess and Restore
Assess and Restore (A&R) services target the frail senior population to minimize functional decline and support their independent living in the community.
The Central LHIN is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from Central LHIN hospitals to spread and/or develop and implement a selection of A&R initiatives for patients over the age of 65 to regain and maintain functional independence and to remain in the community for as long as possible. Funding is being provided to enhance capacity for restorative programs based on the five elements of the A&R approach to care:
- Screening: Active use of standardized screening tools in the community and in hospitals to identify seniors and other persons who have begun to experience or are at risk of functional impairments that could lead to hospitalization or a loss of independence (‘at-risk seniors and other persons)
- Assessment: Prompt assessments of at-risk seniors and other persons by qualified professionals using standardized assessment instruments to inform determinations of appropriateness for facility-based AR;
- Navigation & Placement: Efficient navigation of assessed seniors and other persons to the most-appropriate provider(s), setting(s), and type(s) of intervention(s);
- Facility-Based AR Intervention: Evidence-based delivery of assessments, treatments, and therapies in accordance with leading practices;
- Transition Home: Integration and linkages with primary and community care providers and caregivers to ensure gains made are retained.
Learn more about the A&R EOI and how to apply
Please submit the completed EOI to Lynn Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.